On this website; rates start at $30/month; reach thousands of brand-loyal customers.|
Call 902.444.0703 for info.
Establish your online identity; starting at $295.|
Call 902.444.0703 for info.
Tucker Gets First, and Second, at Speedworld Finale
Posted September 12, 2009; Source - CTW.com
HALIFAX, NS (September 12 at 6:30 p.m.) - Shawn Tucker won the Parts for Trucks 200 at Scotia Speedworld Saturday afternoon - but his first-place was only good enough for second
on the series unofficial final point standings. Shawn Turple, on the other hand, finished a safe fifth Saturday afternoon to finish first
on the season - Turple's first Touring series title, coming in his fifth full year of pro stock competition.
Mike Stevens scored a career-best second in Saturday's race, followed by Donald Chisholm and John Flemming.
The Parts for Trucks 200 saw seven lead changes among four different leaders: Tucker, Flemming, Chisholm and Stevens.
Chisholm led the most laps at the head of pack from laps 59 to 152.
The race started at 4:16 p.m. and ended at 5:55 - with nine cautions slowing the pace - including one at halfway where all
the teams got five minutes to work on their cars.
Wayne Smith set fast time in time trials but was collected in a lap 30 wreck when another car spun in front of him blocking the track. Smith spent the next 70 laps
in the pits as his team made repairs - seeing Smith's hope for a sixth championship fade for this year.
Tucker drew the number one starting spot for his heat race, the Dash, and won it. Other heat race winners were Lonnie Sommerville, Daryl Mahar and
Jonathan Hicken. Marty Prevost won the B Feature.
Saturday's win was Tucker's fourth on the '09 season - the most of any driver; there were 11 events. Greg Proude, Lonnie Sommerville and
Wayne Smith each had two trips to Victory Lane and Shawn Turple had one win.
The Maritime League of Legends Series saw two heats won by Jeff Atkinson and Darren Sherwood; Sherwood also won the Legends feature race.
The Parts for Trucks 200 concludes the 2009 CARQUEST Pro Stock Tour season. Turple will be formally crowned and receive his $10,000 cheque in January at the
series annual awards banquet.
UNOFFICIAL RESULTS - THE PARTS FOR TRUCKS 200 showing finish, driver, hometown, laps completed
1. Shawn Tucker, Fredericton, NB - 200
2. Mike Stevens, Riverview, NB - 200
3. Donald Chisholm, Antigonish, NS - 200
4. John Flemming, Halifax, NS - 200
5. Shawn Turple, Enfield, NS - 200
6. Greg Proude, Springvale, PEI - 200
7. Dave O'Blenis, Boundary Creek, NB - 200
8. Daryl Marr, Hubley, NS - 200
9. Lonnie Sommerville, Saint John, NB - 200
10. Craig Slaunwhite, Terence Bay, NS - 200
11. Chris Hughes, Brackley Beach, PEI - 200
12. Robbie MacLean, Barrington, NS - 197
13. Josh Jailett, MacDougall Settlement, NB - 197
14. Shawn Pierce, Bridgewater, NS - 196
15. Jason Carnahan, Stilesville, NB - 195
16. Marty Prevost, Fall River, NS - 194
17. Kris Fournier, Charlottetown, PEI - 193
18. David Hieno, Barrington, NS - 191
19. Pete Miller, Kennetcook, NS - 179
20. Lowell Affleck, Summerside, PEI - 172
21. Roger Miller, Kennetcook, NS - 162
22. Jonathan Hicken, Brudenell, PEI - 136
23. Wayne Smith, Timberlea, NS - 130
24. Mike MacKenzie, Barrington, NS - 125
25. Darren MacKinnon, Sleepy Hollow, PEI - 29
26. Roger Crane, Montague, PEI - 29
27. Kent Vincent, Crapaud, PEI - 5
UNOFFICIAL FINAL POINT STANDINGS - TOP 10 showing position, driver name, hometown, points
1. Shawn Turple, Enfield, NS - 2171
2. Shawn Tucker, Fredericton, NB - 2139
3. John Flemming, Halifax, NS - 2131
4. Wayne Smith, Timberlea, NS - 2116
5. Lonnie Sommerville, Saint John, NB - 2097
6. Greg Proude, Springvale, PEI - 2073
7. Craig Slaunwhite, Terence Bay, NS - 2056
8. Dave O'Blenis, Boundary Creek, NB - 2046
9. Mike Stevens, Riverview, NB - 2032
10. Jonathan Hicken, Brudenell, PEI - 2024
CTW.com Photo Gallery
Race winner Shawn Tucker congratulates runner-up Mike Stevens...
Shawn Turple. A happy champ!
Two winners; Tucker (right) and Turple...
Looks like Donald Chisholm (far right) won the podium celebratory champagne spray. Mike Stevens is far left and Shawn Tucker in the center...
Shawn Turple's 2009 CARQUEST Pro Stock Tour championship team...
Ken MacIsaac's event gallery will follow this week...
© Copyright - CheckersToWreckers.com - All Rights Reserved.
Best viewed with Internet Explorer - 800x600 resolution.